It doesn’t matter where
in Alabama you live…
Our team will help you find and select the right
flood insurance coverage for your home or business.
As a general agent, we provide several coverage options when it comes to protecting your home and assets from flood damage in Alabama. Whether you want private carrier options or coverage through the NFIP, are in a low-risk zone and want added protection, are in a high-risk zone and flood insurance is required, or have a high-value home and need additional, higher-limit coverage – Alabama Flood Insurance offers multiple solutions for a flood insurance policy that will work for you.
Private Market Coverage
(Available For All Zones)
Enhanced flood insurance through private carriers for better coverage options
Conditions that cause flooding in Alabama – such as river flooding, heavy rain, tropical systems, and coastal flooding – can happen anywhere throughout the state. This means even inland cities such as Birmingham or Montgomery can experience substantial flood damage in the event of a heavy storm or rising river.
As a leading general agent, Alabama Flood Insurance can provide you better coverage options through private carriers. These options include the same basic policy as the government backed NFIP, but with more coverages and more competitive yearly premiums. Why choose Alabama Flood Insurance for your flood insurance policy?
- Higher limits with coverages up to $10MM
- Enhanced coverages for damages not offered by homeowners policies including:
- Replacement cost (replacement cost is the cost to repair or replace damaged possessions at today’s market-value prices)
- Loss of use (loss of use is the cost you will incur to live elsewhere if your home is damaged in a flood)
- Lower premiums tailored to your exact area
- Same coverage options as FEMA’s NFIP policies
- Quick, easy, and accurate online quoting process with same day response
- Direct access to experienced agents to answer your questions
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
(Available For All Zones)
One rate, no matter where you get it
With one in five flood insurance claims coming from a moderate- to low-risk area, we believe everyone in Alabama should be able to get flood insurance that is reliable, affordable and accessible. Which is why Alabama Flood Insurance can help you obtain your policy through the government backed National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Unlike other insurance policies (like homeowners or car insurance), flood insurance offered through the NFIP will cost the same no matter where you get it. This means that even though the government determines your coverage and premium, Alabama Flood Insurance can write your policy for you. Why choose Alabama Flood Insurance for your NFIP policy?
- Coverages up to $250K
- Excess coverage options available
- State-wide claim support with fast turn-around
- Backed by the Federal Government
- Low cost preferred risk policies for properties in low risk flood zones
- Quick and easy online quoting process
Excess Flood Insurance
When your basic flood insurance policy isn’t enough
Excess flood insurance provides insurance limits above and beyond a primary policy – whether written through the NFIP or a private carrier. Most homeowners that need flood insurance are in moderate- to low-risk areas and write their flood insurance policies through the government backed NFIP. However, it is important to note that NFIP policies only offer a maximum coverage of $250,000.
If it costs more than $250,000 to replace or repair your home, a standard NFIP flood policy won’t be enough. Having excess flood insurance would increase your standard coverage up to an additional $10MM.
That means buying:
- A federal or private policy worth$250,000 plus
- An excess flood insurance policy for the additional coverage needed
Excess Flood limits vary based on the state you’re in, so ask your Alabama Flood Insurance agent for more details.